The following are the CPU-OS Simulator executable versions. The executables are contained within zip files. For security, the extension names of the executables are changed to the extension name .pkg. To install follow the instructions below:
- Download the zip file by clicking on the link below
- When the zip file is opened, rename the extension of the file from .pkg to .exe
- Double click on the .exe file to start the installation
*** Version 7.5.50 executable (current version) :
MSI Installer version for use by Windows Installer in silent mode. Used to distribute and install across several systems.
To run the installer in silent mode use the command line parameters /VERYSILENT /SP- /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /NORESTART
*** Version 8.5 executable (coming soon!) :
Note: CPU-OS Simulator is a Microsoft Windows executable. As such it will not directly run under Linux or Mac operating systems. However, it is possible to run it on these systems using the Wine software or any suitable virtualization software. You will need a relatively fast machine with good primary memory size (preferably 8+ GBytes) as they tend to be resource hungry.
CPU-OS Simulator Virtual Machine
The following is the link to the source for the Virtual Machine (VM) that can run CPU-OS Simulator bytecode. The VM is coded in C and is thus portable across different platforms. It is provided in source form that shows how the CPU instructions are implemented.
To run the simulator code on console:
- Compile the simulator source code using the inbuilt compiler
- Save the generated bytecode as a .bin file
- Run the saved bytecode as a console application using the virtual machine
To run the bytecode using the virtual machine enter the following line in a console window:
<name of the VM executable> r <name of the bytecode file>